The battery was commanded by Captains Charles F. Johnston, William H. Southall and James W. Wyatt.
|June||Organized from men of Albemarle County. Originally assigned to 1st Regiment Virginia Artillery as Company H but operated as an indpendent battery.|
|October||Assigned to Artillery, Department of the Peninsula|
|January||Attached to Brown’s Battalion, Reserve Artillery, Army of Northern Virginia|
|April-May||Siege of Yorktown|
|June 25 – July 1||
Seven Days battles
The battery lost two men wounded
|July||Moved to North Carolina|
|June||Assigned to Poague’s Artillery Battalion, Pender’s Division, 3rd Corps, Army of Northern Virginia|
The battery was commanded by Captain James W. Wyatt and brought 94 men to the field, losing 13 casualties. It was equipped with 1 10-pounder Parrott rifle, 2 3″ Ordnance rifles and 1 12-pounder howitzer
From the War Department marker on the Gettysburg battlefield:
July 2. Late in the evening the Parrott and Rifles took position here.
July 3. At 7 A. M. they opened on the Union position but were soon ordered to cease firing as they drew the concentrated fire of several batteries. They afterward took part in all the operations of the artillery during the day including the cannonade preceding Longstreet’s assault. The Howitzer remained in the rear and was not engaged in the battle but held in readiness to resist any advance of the Union forces.
July 4. In the evening about dusk began the march to Hagerstown.
Losses not reported in detail.
|July 14||Falling Waters|
|August||Assigned to Poague’s Artillery Battalion, Wilcox’s Division, 3rd Corps, Army of Northern Virginia|
|November-December||Mine Run Campaign|
|December||Assigned to Artillery, 3rd Corps, Army of Northern Virginia|
|May 23-26||North Anna|
Captain James Wyatt was killed. Lieutenant Nathan Penick took over the battery.
|June||Siege of Petersburg begins|
|October||The battery was commanded by Captain Charles F. Johnston|
|December 28||The battery was reported as armed with two 10-lb. Parrotts and one 12-lb. Napoleon|
|April 9, 1865||
Appomattox Court House
Surrendered 3 officers and 45 men.