Beverly Ford on the Rappahannock River is one and a half miles miles northwest (upstream) of the Civil War era Orange & Alexandria Railroad Bridge and the current US 15 crossing of the river.
It was used in troop movements on many occasions during the war.
During the Battle of Brandy Station on June 8, 1863 Union General John Buford’s cavalry crossed here and attacked Confederate General J.E.B. Stuart’s cavalry, withdrawing back across the ford at the end of the day.
The land on both sides of Beverly Ford is privately owned.